Borris Parish, in association with the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin, values and encourages the participation of children and young people in all aspects of Parish and Diocesan life and activities that enhance their development. In keeping with this, we, in this Parish, undertake to do all in our power to create safe environments where the welfare of children and young people is paramount.
As all involved in working with children and young people have a special duty to respect and care for them, we have procedures and practices through which this care is put into practice.
It is our policy in Borris Parish to work in partnership with all state agencies charged with the welfare of children and young people.
Please use any of the contacts below if you have a concern about the safety and/or the protection of children or young people:
- HSE Duty Social Worker: Carlow/Kilkenny area: 059-9136587
- HSE Lo Call Line: 1850-241850
- Local Garda Station: 059-9131505 – Carlow: 059-9136587
- Diocesan Director of Safeguarding: Ms Kathleen Sherry, Bishop’s House, Old Dublin Road, Carlow. Email: [email protected] Tel: 085-8021633
- Designated Liaison Person (DLP): Ms Kathleen Sherry, Bishop’s House, Old Dublin Road, Carlow. Email: [email protected] Tel: 085-8021633
- Diocesan Safeguarding Coordinator: David Dwyer: Bishop’s House, Old Dublin Road, Carlow
- Borris Parish Safeguarding Representatives: (1) Michael Moloney: 059-9724624 or 087-2270466. (2) Bernie Bolger: 059-9773385 or 087-6819081.
A copy of Borris Parish Child Protection Policy and Procedures is available in the churches and schools of the Parish.
You can view the Kildare and Leighlin Diocesan Safeguarding Webpages by CLICKING HERE.
Rev. Fr. Rory Nolan P.P.